Tuesday, June 14, 2011

digital hoarding

I've been watching "Hoarders" again (sorry, but there's 40-some episodes on Netflix), and I've had a brilliant idea. It wouldn't help all forms of hoarders, but it would help the ones (maybe) who hold onto things because they don't want to lose the memories. ("If I don't have this, I'll forget this great memory.")

What if there was a company that would come in and convert all or most of your hoard into a digital format? For example, it would scan letters or documents, take pictures of items, and create notes for each thing. Then you could get rid of the actual stuff and just have a large digital hoard. It would be much more practical.

I like this idea. I may even try it with some of my own stuff, like letters and drawings from high school.

1 comment:

  1. I've totally thought of that before!! That's a GREAT idea!

    ReplyDelete