Tuesday, June 14, 2011

sleep-deprived musings


So, this morning between 4:00 and 4:30, my neighbors woke me up with their arguing. All I could think was, “Why? Why right now?”  I’ve thought about it and I guess here are some reasons why people would need to argue that early in the morning:

-         The house is rapidly flooding and you are arguing about whether to rescue pets or just leave them there and save yourself.
-         One person decides to move to Arizona, right then.
-         A wormhole opens up in the living room and you argue about whether to go through or not.
-         There was one spider on the bed and you are arguing about whether or not the sheets need to be changed/washed.
-         The zombie apocalypse happens, and you fight about whether to hide out in the basement or head for the hills.
-         A random goat wanders into the house, and you argue about whether or not you should keep it.

I just really don’t know why else you would get up at 4:30 a.m. and yell at each other…

Speaking of rescuing pets: After the neighbors quieted down, I was, in my sleep deprived state, wondering, “What if one of them murdered the other?” That led to thoughts of how they would cover it up, which led me to conclude that they might light the house on fire. Knowing that it would probably spread to my house, I concocted a plan to save Tink and Luna, then started worrying about my fish. I thought it would be especially cruel to let him boil to death, but I couldn’t imagine carrying him out of the house while trying to wrangle both Tink and Luna. I decided to put him in the fridge if a fire happened, hoping that it would save him and not freeze him to death.

I didn’t get much sleep last night.


No comments:

Post a Comment