Sunday, June 12, 2011

Week 1, Day 1


Just finished Week 1, Day 1 of “Couch to 5k.” It’s a nine week program that will work you up to running a 5k in nine weeks. Today was my day one.

I took Luna with me for the first bit. Brisk five minute walk then alternated 60 seconds of jogging to 90 seconds of walking. Luna actually did really well with it, which is surprising because she is a horrible walker. Of course, having her along meant we had to stop and chat with people about what kind of dog she is, how old she is, how much she weighs, etc. etc.

About ten minutes in I realized that Luna is also quite out of shape, and not wanting her to overheat in the Missouri warmth, I took her home then finished the rest of my 20 minutes.

Now I’m sitting her totally sweating, but feeling quite good. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment