Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day

 



We woke up to go hiking at 7:30. Josh decided not to go because his knees/legs were bugging him after all of the crazy dancing we did at a wedding the night before.





  
I cleaned most of my house while waiting for my hiking buddies to get here. 


The three of us went to Fellows Lake and started off on the 2.5-mile trail. We got just a couple hundred yards in and realized that we were covered with ticks. There were big ones and little baby ones. They were on my shoes, and crawling down into my socks, and scuttling up my legs. We decided to abort the hike and return another day when we had bug spray.


 





 Josh and I went to the Springfield Cardinals ball game. It was great!










They hit a home run in the 6th inning, so we could go to Andy’s and get $1.00 sundaes.





 







After that we crashed a picnic. That was quite fun. We flew kites and played dominoes and bocce ball. We won!!





 

After the picnic, we went and bought some food for our own cookout and went home and ate dinner while we watched a program about aliens. (I believe!)

Josh and I were burnt to a crisp, so we smeared Noxema all over us.

After Noxema-ating, Josh read while I filled out job applications in Minnesota. Not sure how I feel about that, but I think Gina will be happy.








All in all a great day.



No comments:

Post a Comment