Thursday, May 19, 2011

Moving


So, I started this blog to talk about travels and moving, and we haven’t really done any of that since I started (other than my trip to PA). But, we are in the process of looking for a place to move to, so I guess I will talk about that.

Before this move, Josh and I have always just moved wherever we felt like and figured it out after we got there. We have never had jobs or places to live lined up before we pulled into town with everything we owned. That always worked pretty well for us up until this last move.

Springfield has been a bit difficult. We found a perfect house to live in, we’ve made great friends, but the job situation has been less than stellar. I figured it up the other day, and out of the 22 months we have been here so far, I’ve worked full-time for 11 of them. During one stretch of non-working I told Josh that I’m done moving without jobs. Ergo, this move has been less about what seems like the most exciting place we can go and more about job applications, which I hate.

So far Josh has been the one doing most of the applying. We figure that his job field is a lot smaller than mine, so he is going to try to get a job first, then I will try to get one in the same area. At first whenever Josh would find a job that interested him, I would immediately start looking for jobs in the area. I soon quit when I realized that most jobs I would be trying to get would require me to get certified in that state before even applying. I really don’t want to get any more certifications unless there’s a good chance that we will be moving.

The good part about this move is that we could end up anywhere. Really, anywhere. That is pretty exciting.

The bad part is that we don’t know where yet. I hate not knowing things. I like to have a plan, or at least an idea of what is coming next and at this point, it’s just a big blank.

I don’t know how other people do moves. I haven’t known many who have moved as much as me and Josh, and I don’t think I’ve known any who have moved as many times as we have with literally no idea how they were going to make it once they got there. It just all seems pretty stressful to me.

Maybe after a few more times, we’ll get the hang of it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment